-
December 5th, 2003, 01:19 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I'm new on the board and just bought a pair of Altec model 95 speakers on E-bay, attracted more to the Altec name than the speakers. I had some Altec equipment during the disco days of the late 70's and loved the sound. Stupidly, they are no longer mine. What did I buy? Any information would be appreciated.
Dave
-
December 6th, 2003, 05:45 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Disclaimer: I am the least knowledgeable person on this board.
It is entirely possible that the Altec 95s you recently purchased are not made by the same manufacturer that you remember from the 1970s. Relatively recently (early 1990s?), the original Altec Lansing Corporation was sold to the ?Sparkomatic folks? who continued the Altec brand using differing equipment.
My Internet research leads me to believe that most Altec gurus consider the newer models to not be in the same quality/sound category as classic, vintage, designs. I think the Model 95s are of the newer ilk and may not have the ?classic? Altec sound ? whatever that can be defined as.
I leave the definition of their quality up to your ears. If you like them, it matters not what anyone thinks.
Thanks!
Zeke
-
December 6th, 2003, 06:18 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Thank You for answering my question. Pretty much what I thought, but the price was good and if they don't sound like I remember, I have something to work on. I'll end up with the sound I remember eventually, possibly with different speakers.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks